An estimated 300 members of various Redhill Churches joined in our annual open-air Good Friday service this morning.
We came from all directions carrying crosses from our own churches to gather at the steps of the Harlequin Theatre.
It was Holy Trinity's turn to lead this service, and so:
- I welcomed the crowd and led us through the service
- Sarah Alexander spoke from the Bible (of which more, below...)
- Paul Taylor led us in prayers for the world, for Redhill and for those in need
- A member of HT gave a moving account of how her faith in Christ and the support of her church family has brought her through a hugely difficult time.
- Others spoke about why the cross of Christ is so important to them
Sarah's text was Romans 5:6-8, and was illustrated with imaginative use of road-signs...